Do you enjoy using the treadmill for your workouts? Are you familiar with the best treadmill workouts or physical exercises with this fitness machine?
As a wellness enthusiast, you certainly appreciate having the treadmill as your go-to exercise equipment at your home gym or at the actual gym in which you are a member.
However, your knowledge of the treadmill exercises may be limited, making you confined to your usual workouts.
You find yourself doing only the basic routines like walking and jogging or running. Hence, you will find yourself wanting more. To get the most out of your treadmill exercises, you can check out these ten best treadmill workouts that you can enjoy and, at the same time, help you achieve your fitness goals.
But before we proceed, do not forget that before subjecting yourself to these exercises which could be intensive, you need to warm up first. Doing these preliminary light exercises before beginning your actual workout session safeguards you from incurring concussions.
Recommended Warm-up Activity Before Using the Treadmill
To adequately prepare your body for the best treadmill workouts, perform these practical warm-up steps first:
- Begin walking at 1.5 to 2 miles per hour (mph) for 60 seconds.
- For 30 seconds each, begin walking with your toe and then with your heel.
- Then, carry on walking for five minutes.
- Next, modify the treadmill’s incline to six percent.
- Then, take some normal steps.
Finally, cool down. If you feel you are all set to perform the intensive exercises discussed here, then you may start.
After performing these warm-ups, let us now turn our attention to the ten fun and best treadmill workouts.
Here are the 10 Essential Techniques on How to Maintain Your Treadmill
10 Enjoyable and Invigorating Treadmill Workouts
You can say goodbye to engaging in the same, old, and monotonous treadmill workouts.
Check out these ten best treadmill workouts that you will love:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][wpsm_titlebox title=”” style=”3″]
Forget Your Excuses via These 10 Benefits of Running on a Treadmill
1. The Treadmill Hill Workout
Do you love running over the hills? Do you prefer exercises which effectively boost your stamina, speed, and duration?
Then, this exercise is the best treadmill workout that is right for you. The Treadmill Hill Workout is done by following these steps:
- While on the treadmill, your speed should be 5 mph while the treadmill’s incline is 1 percent in the first five minutes.
- Next, alter your speed between intervals of 3 to 6.5 mph and incline from 1 to 5
percent in the succeeding 30 minutes.
- Finally, set the speed level of the treadmill back to 5 mph and the incline level
back to 1 percent in the remaining five minutes.
Now, did you feel energized doing the Treadmill Hill Workout?
2. The Treadmill Hike Workout
If you want to try a physical exercise that will develop the back portion of your body, this workout is for you.
The Treadmill Hike Workout features the incline surging as time passes. Besides, your speed corresponds to your skills, so you feel comfortable and safe.
With this treadmill workout, you can select between the 20-minute and the 45-minute exercise.
Let us now look at the steps involved when carrying out the Treadmill Hike Workout:
- Begin with a warm-up that lasts for five minutes. Your speed should be 3 mph while your incline level is at 2 percent.
- For the succeeding minutes, keep exercising with your incline levels from 4 to 12 percent and your speed ranging from 3.5 to 4 mph.
- Maintain the same rhythm in the remaining five minutes just like at the start.
Do you feel at ease, especially at your backside now?
[/wpsm_titlebox][wpsm_titlebox title=”” style=”3″]
3. The Sidewinder Workout
Would you like to increase your body’s strength and stability? Are you interested in a treadmill workout that enables you to experience a surge in your heart rate and extends your duration?
Then, the Sidewinder Workout is the best treadmill workout that is suitable for you. Here is how you can do it:
- 1. Warm up your body for five minutes, gradually increasing your speed from 2.4 to 3.5
- 2. For two minutes, walk sideways. Do this step by facing right for one minute and another minute facing left. Observe the speed of 2.2 mph.
- 3. Do step number two again, but this time with a speed of 2.4 mph.
- 4. With the speed of 4.5 mph, engage in forward-walking for one minute.
- 5. Do step number four again, but this time, with a speed of 3.5 mph.
- 6. Do step number two again, but this time with a speed of 2.6 mph.
- 7. Continue doing step number two, but this time with a speed of 2.8 mph.
- 8. Do step number four again, but this time, with a speed of 4.2 mph.
- 9. Do step number five.
- 10. Do step number seven with five-percent incline rate.
- 11. Finish your exercise with a five-minute cooldown. Decelerate your speed gradually
from 3 to 1.8 mph.
Did you feel invigorated after performing the Sidewinder Workout?
4. The Pressed-for-Time Workout
If you want to develop your upper body, then, the Pressed-for-Time Workout will give you the solution.
Doing this exercise requires you to hold weights that are around two to five pounds heavy.
To ensure your safety, your gym trainer will remind you to hold these weights only when you are walking on the treadmill and never when you are running.
Now, have a look at these steps on how to perform the Pressed-for-Time Workout:
- 1. For five minutes, warm up with a speed of 2.5 to 3.5 mph.
- 2. Next, walk for five minutes. While doing this, perform ten repetitions of each of these
exercises: front raises, lateral raises, upright rows, and overhead press.
- 3. For four minutes, give the dumbbells a rest and just continue walking as you wait for
your upper body to recover.
- 4. After altering the incline level to three percent, repeat step numbers two and
three twice more.
- 5. Cool down for five minutes with 3 mph as your speed and a one-percent incline rate.
- This treadmill exercise will make your upper body feel energized and stronger.
The Sprint and Interval Workout
If you want to build your physique further while losing more weight, then, the Sprint and Interval Workout may be among the best treadmill workouts that are appropriate for you.
This treadmill exercise increases your aerobic capacity and helps in burning considerable amounts of calories.
Interval training with the treadmill comprises alternating between low-intensity and high-intensity exercises.
This type of treadmill workout helps in obtaining faster metabolism as you burn more calories very quickly.
Adjusting the slope and the speed of your intervals also helps you develop better endurance.
Plus, you can ward off monotony through the mind and body-stimulating variety offered by this workout routine.
Interval training also helps you prevent body aches, unlike intense physical exercises that usually result in sore muscles.
Take a look at how you can do the Sprint and Interval Workout:
- 1. Begin with a ten-minute warm-up. Gradually surge your speed from 3 to 5 mph.
- 2. Then, run with your heart rate between 85 to 90 percent. Do this sprinting while
increasing your speed gradually from 4 to 9 mph.
- 3. Slowly walk for two minutes with a speed of 4 mph. Your heart rate should be surging from 120 to 130 beats per minute.
- 4. Next, run for 20 to 30 minutes. Then, engage in slow walking with a speed of 2
to 3 mph.
- 5. Conclude your Sprint or Interval Workout with five minutes of cooling down and
gradually decelerating your speed from 3 to 0.5 mph.
Are you excited to see your body amazingly transform through this treadmill exercise?
[/wpsm_titlebox][wpsm_titlebox title=”” style=”3″]
6. The Gauntlet Workout
If you are interested in experiencing various developments to your body, the Gauntlet Workout is the recommended exercise for you.
This workout routine helps you burn substantial amounts of calories as it combines different physical exercises which aim to develop your upper body, lower extremities, and other body parts.
Plus, this treadmill workout is a combination of running and full-body strength exercises.
The Gauntlet Workout is quite intensive, and fitness trainers recommend it for more experienced fitness enthusiasts.
Have a look at how you can perform this treadmill exercise:
- 1. Warm up by jogging or walking on the treadmill for five to ten minutes.
- 2. With a speed of 8 to 10 mph, run for one minute.
- 3. Next, get off the treadmill and perform kettlebell swings for 30 seconds.
- 4. Then, do push-ups for 30 seconds.
- 5. Perform a one-minute plank.
- 6. Afterwards, run on the treadmill for one minute and with the speed of 3 to 4
- 7. Repeat this whole exercise for five to six times.
- 8. Cool down for five minutes while you gradually decelerate your speed.
Are you ready for this intensive but highly effective and rewarding workout?
7. The Never-a-Flat-Moment Workout
If you are passionate about burning considerable amounts of calories, this workout is right for you because you will surely feel the burn.
Follow these steps:
- 1. With a speed of 3 to 3.5 mph, warm up for three minutes.
- 2. Run for two minutes at a speed of 3.5 mph and an incline rate of 7 percent.
- 3. Do step number two at a speed of 4 mph and a 4-percent incline rate.
- 4. Continue step number two at a speed of 2.8 mph and a 10-percent incline rate.
- 5. Carry on with step number two at a speed of 3.2 mph and a 6-percent incline rate.
- 6. Continue step number two at a speed of 3 mph and an 8-percent incline rate.
- 7. Run for one minute at a speed of 3 mph and an incline rate of 3 percent.
- 8. Engage in running intervals for seven minutes, with speed ranging from 3.2 to 6.5
mph and a 5-percent incline rate.
- 9. Perform endurance intervals for 11 minutes at a speed of 3.2 mph and incline rates
ranging from 10 to 15 percent.
- 10. Cool down for three minutes. Decelerate your speed gradually from 2.8 to 2 mph
and your incline rate from 3 to 1 percent.
Now, do you feel your calories getting effectually burned through this treadmill workout?
[/wpsm_titlebox][wpsm_titlebox title=”” style=”3″]
8. The Side Shuffles
This treadmill exercise aims to strengthen the muscles in your thighs.
Performed at a speed level between 3 to 3.5 mph, you can do the side shuffles by turning yourself on the treadmill.
Then, flex both of your knees and remain low in your legs. However, you need to keep your eyes looking upward, and your body should be in an upright position.
Moreover, you should not allow your feet to cross each other. When you become used to this exercise, you will sense your thighs feeling much stronger than before.
9. The Walking Plank
If you are familiar with the ordinary planks, then you certainly have an idea about how the Walking Plank is carried out.
But if you found the ordinary planks challenging, then you can expect that the Walking Plank is more difficult and requires more effort.
You can do this treadmill exercise by positioning your legs out of the treadmill and straightening them out.
Then, place your hands on the running belt. With a speed of 3 mph, start walking on the treadmill with your hands. Do you find this challenging treadmill workout fun?
10. The Crab Walk
Have you tried doing the Crab Walk on the treadmill? Did you and your gym mates chuckle out loud afterwards?
You may want a fun but challenging treadmill exercise. The Crab Walk is one of the best treadmill workouts that offer you the best of these two worlds.
This workout aims to develop your triceps, core, hamstrings, and glutes. Have a look at these steps on how to perform the Crab Walk:
- 1. Set your speed at the treadmill to 1 to 2 mph.
- 2. Execute the crab position. You can perform this by facing away from the treadmill and
placing your hands on the left and right sides of its treadmill belt.
- Then, both of your feet should be flat on the floor while you position your hips in an
elevated mode. Your back should face backward not forward.
- 3. As you are facing away from the treadmill, begin walking on the treadmill belt with
Did you feel fun doing this extraordinary treadmill workout?
Now that you have learned about the ten best treadmill workouts, you no longer have to deal with being restricted to the same exercises with the well-loved fitness machine.
Say goodbye to boredom and have a glorious and fun-filled day doing these fitness exercises!