An overweight person already knows how important workout is to personal health. Doing regular exercises on a suitable treadmill can help lose significant weight, feel more flexible, and live longer- but most treadmills in the market are not quite suitable for heavy people.
Nevertheless, the best thing is that various manufacturers are now offering stronger treadmills that can provide a low impact workout, featuring shock absorbers on the running deck. This helps to mitigate shock and sensitivity that can cause adverse impacts on your joint system.
However, the market as always is drastically flooded with so many brands, each claiming to vend quality fitness machines. While that’s true, most of them are not actually genuine, and you can easily fall for shady products out there.
After a comprehensive search, interacting with people on Facebook who often post impressive outcomes on weight loss, weâ€™ve developed a detailed guide to the best treadmills for heavy persons. The following squad summarizes the five best treadmills models worth counting on without a doubt.
Top 5 Treadmills for Heavy Person on The Market[wpsm_titlebox title=”” style=”3″]
#1. LifeSpan TR 1200i
As one of the best budget heavy duty treadmills, the LifeSpan TR 1200 is a fantastic model from a reputable brand. It comes with 15 different incline levels and is designed to reach a maximum speed of 11 mph. The LifeSpan TR 1200i is ranked for 300 maximum user weight, which is similar to the TR 4000i treadmill but at a friendlier price.
The model incorporates a pleasant shock-absorbing system comprising of a well-cushioned, 2-ply long-lasting belt and a running deck with six shock absorbers to help alleviate shock impact. The belt runs smoothly and quietly and offers you extra cushion than the typical in-door treadmill that comes with 1-ply belts.
In case you have issues with your knees, or your hips or backaches when walking, this treadmill running deck can aid your movements. The motor can provide a 2.5 non-stop horsepower rating, which can sustain regular workouts for many years.
When it comes to console options, they are pretty standard, featuring 21 different workout programs. You can also record your workout data into the USB device and track your fitness progress using a computer.
You can track your time, heart rate data, calories burned, the number of steps and distance covered, and then upload your fitness status to the LifeSpan Club free account. This is another plus beginner to keep them motivated to workout more regularly.
Similar to other LifeSpan Versions, the TR 1200i is accompanied by a lifetime warranty covering frame and motor, and three years parts warranty and one-year labor warranty. The unit comes unassembled, so you’ll need an hour to put things together, of course, with a helper.
[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”POSITIVES:”]
- Data recording to USB
- Budget treadmill
- 21 workout programs
- Heart rate monitoring
- Good warranty
- Long lasting heavy person tread belt
[/wpsm_pros][/wpsm_column][wpsm_column size=”one-half” position=”last”][wpsm_cons title=”NEGATIVES:”]
- The 56 inches length might be less comfortable for tall users.
- Assemble can take a couple of hours with a helper.
Verdict: This treadmill is often considered as the best value by several fitness and workout equipment companies. It boasts an industry-standard running belt of 20 inches wide, which is excellent for walking. However, it only provides 56 inches belt length, which may be slightly uncomfortable for some users, compared to other treadmills versions in this lineup.
So, if you want to continue using the machine even after losing weight or where you have runners with different heights, the belt length could be a problem. Some taller users stated that running on this treadmill was not as comfortable as walking, plus striding out felt restricted.
LifeSpan Fitness TR1200i Color Folding Treadmill
- EFFORTLESS STARTUP: Quick-load screen and simple console buttons make it easy to get moving. 7" full color display and built-in Blueooth connectivity helps to sync your workout results with ease.
- LIMILTLESS WORKOUTS: TR1200i comes with 21 easy-to-use exercise programs, including 2 user customizable programs. Designed by exercise physiologists to expedite your progress for safe and effective workout routines.
- SIMPLE FOLDING & UNFOLDING: Built-in hydraulic shock and wheels to fold up and store the treadmill when not in use. When unfolding, shock also softly lowers the running surface for safe and convenient use.
- PERFECT MIX OF DURABILITY & PERFORMANCE: Designed to performance and built to last, TR1200i contains a 2.5HP continuous-duty motor to handle intense daidly workouts, year after year. 8 Compression shock absorbers under the sparcious 56"x20" running surface makes it a comfortable running and walking experience.
- INTELLI-STEP & BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: Running surface has step counting feature built-in and works more accurately than a typical pedometer, automatically counting steps taken via sensors in the motor. Contact heart rate sensors and chest strap receiver (chest strap not included) also captures important cardiovascular data for monitoring or to be synced with your smartphone health programs.
#2. Sole F80 Folding Treadmill
The Sole F80 folding is one of the newly upgraded versions from the Sole Treadmills lineup. The whole unit is more convenient and powerful than before, with a collection of new features and specifications. Some of these features include an upgraded 9″ display and an in-built tablet holder for entertainment and syncing your workout data to your fitness apps.
The F80 Treadmill comes with top quality commercial grade parts to withstand a maximum user weight of 400 pounds and serves smoothly for many years without any breakages. The excellent shock absorption system provides extra comfort helping you to enjoy more running and walking without being exhausted.
Another stunning benefit of running on this treadmill stem from its folding capabilities. The folding is easy and straightforward; you just flip the switch and let the unit fold up automatically. So in case you want to put up a small indoor gym, you can rest assured that the Sole 80 will fit in compactly and with ease.
The high-power motor presented here is ideal for those trainees looking for extensive workouts, or those heavier persons who want more from their machines. It can safely support vigorous exercises, from a long time running to moderate training and hill workouts.
With the smooth track design, you’ll feel safe running on roomy deck, 20 by 60 inches. This makes it suitable for large-bodied users and those who see the need for more space during workouts. Additionally, you’ll get a heavy duty, dual-ply belt, plus 2.5 inches rollers. Al these works in synergy to curb wear and tear and keep the whole unit quiet.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”POSITIVES:”]
- Folding capabilities
- Strong build structure
- Joint Impact benefits
- Reversible deck
- Pre-set workouts programs
- Convenient display
- Heart rate monitoring
- Safety features
- Competitive warranty
- Short side rails.
- Limited workout programs, you can’t download a new workout.
Verdict: At its price, the Sole F80 is a blockbuster, and buyers often commend their purchase. It’s a good mid-range version between Sole’s entry-level F63 and their top-most F85 treadmill. Overall, this cardio equipment conveys excellent value with the commercial-grade components and updated modern features.
Sole F80 Treadmill with Bluetooth Speakers
- Features. Includes integrated tablet holder. USB port.
- Heart rate monitoring: Pulse grips & Chest strap compatible. Programs: 10. Cooling Fan included.
- 9.0" LCD display. Size of running surface: 22 x 60. Easy Assist Folding Unit.
- 2 Ply belt. Made in China. Model number: F80.
#3. Sunny Health & Fitness T7643
Although it features a slightly lower 350 lb user weight, the Sunny Health T7634 is a heavy duty walking treadmill and could be an excellent choice for some users than other most models out there. It’s especially a reliable option if you want a treadmill for jogging or other light workouts since it comes with a maximum speed of 6 MPH.
The treadmill also comes with a state-of-the-art console and tablet holder. The console features a large-enough so you can easily increase or decrease the speed intensity during workouts, plus it’s simple to use since there are no unnecessary buttons.
It also includes other convenient features such as a folding system, transportation wheels, and shock absorption system for a low-impact workout without straining your joints. In short, these are the traits that make this a complete treadmill.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”POSITIVES:”]
- Very suitable for jogging
- Intelligible console with big buttons
- Relative big tablet console and can even accommodate a 13â€ laptop.
- Incline levels not adjustable.
Verdict: With all the features, Sunny Health & Fitness T7643 could be an excellent choice compared to other models of the same price category. It’s characterized by some of the significant aspects found with higher-end models. The treadmill is designed to offer a more intensive maximum speed of 6 MPH. It’s a strong option for heavy persons looking for low impact, heavy-duty workout treadmill.
Sunny Health & Fitness T7643 Heavy Duty Walking Treadmill with 350 lb High Weight Capacity, Wide Walking Area and Folding for Storage
- Burn BIG calories with the SF-T7643 Heavy Duty Folding Walking Treadmill. Big walking surface, big button, big handrails. Did I say big!
- High weight capacity of a 350 lbs with a big treadmill walking space (44.5L X 19.5W) that can be moved easily with the transportation wheels. Safe and easy folding and unfolding with soft drop mechanism
- Big buttons, so you don't squint looking for the start or stop. Big easy to read quick speed buttons (1, 3, 5 mph) and big sturdy handrails give you the confidence to walk fast.
- Big cup holders for hydration and the biggest integrated tablet holder variety of phones, 2 in 1 laptops up to 13" inches. Emergency stop clip
- Keep track of gains and losses with easy to read backlit multi-display console. Displays: calories burned, speed, distance
#4. ProForm SMART Pro 2000 Treadmill
The Smart Pro 2000 Treadmill is the latest version of the ProForm Pro 2000. This product has so far received numerous positive reviews and is currently among the best-selling treadmill machines. It comes with new features and upgrades to sustain the demands of up-to-date fitness.
The console features a 7 inch Smart HD touch screen, which is large enough to operate and is compatible with Google Maps and iFit Coach App. So, the machine brings you the opportunity to virtually walk/run across various terrains around the globe, as enhanced by the high definition led workout videos.
The treadmill also incorporates 50 intuitive workout programs and multiple options to challenge and keep you motivated throughout the workout sessions regardless of your fitness level.
The treadmill’s incline mechanism works with the in-built workouts programs and apps to enhance automatic adjustments of resistance levels during exercise. The incline and decline feel very natural and especially suitable if you also run or are exposed to outdoor training sessions. Furthermore, the generous 60 x 21 inches track enhances more pleasurable workouts so that you won’t feel cramped or restricted than the typical 55″ residential treadmills.
Besides the 3.5 CHP horsepower motor, this treadmill comes with the ProShox Cushioning system embedded on the running track to limit any harmful impact on your joints. This makes the unit worthwhile for runners, walkers, and joggers, and you can structure the workout intensity from 0-12 MPH. Also, in case you want to build muscles and burn more calories, you can always align the resistance levels and the speed to make the workout more intense.
It has a heart rate sensor, and a tablet holder, and both are easy to access, and most interestingly, you’ll get a sound system to keep you fresh and excited. This includes auxiliary audio port and two 3-inch speakers. Once you are through with your workout session, the unit folds up easily for compact storage.
Despite being so convenient, the treadmill can safely withstand any user up to 300 lbs. The warranty is competitive as well, presenting a lifetime frame and motor coverage, five years for parts plus two years for labor.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”POSITIVES:”]
- Smart Pro 7 inch HD touchscreen
- 50 workout Programs
- 60 x 22-inch track
- 3% to 15% incline/decline range
- Media-friendly Bluetooth speakers
- Foldable design
- Competitive warranty
- Advanced features might be tricky for beginners.
- The belt may require regular maintenance.
- Folds up to 70 degrees, so it still occupies significant space.
Verdict: The ProForm Smart Pro 2000 Treadmill is a great entry-level machine that cheers from top-most series of ProForm treadmills. The unit has secured a good reputation and excellent customer support over the years. Plus, modern upgrades make it more relevant. A great choice.
ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill Includes a 1-Year iFit Membership ($396 value) A True Club Membership with World-class Personal Training in the Comfort of Your Home
- 7 inch full color capacitive touch display (pivoting), iFit enabled
- 3.5 CHP* drive System, 22 x 60 non stretch 1 ply commercial belt; Footprint(Inches) 39.15 Wide x 79 Deep x 71.4 Tall
- Digital quick speed control 0 to 12 MPH, digital quick decline control 3 percent digital quick incline control 0 to 15 percent
- 50 precent workouts, Cool air workout fan, EKG grip Pulse, 300 lb user capacity
- Lifetime frame & motor Warranty 5 year parts & 2 year Labor Warranty; Rollers:2.5 inch Precision Balanced
#5. Exerpeutic TF1000 Walk to Fitness Electric Treadmill
When compared to other treadmills in its price category, the Exerpeutic TF1000 exceeds the above-average value. It is purposely designed for walking only, with a minimum speed of 4MPH. However, it can brisk walking pace, so itâ€™s not actually a promenade.
The unit arrives with most of the significant parts assembled, and your main task will be to mount the data monitor to the model’s frame. According to most users, the entire boxing and assembly process can take as short as 30 minutes
Generally, Exerpeutic treadmills feature a considerable high capacity as per their price range. The TF1000 can safely withstand a maximum user weight of 400 pounds- much better as most treadmills under $500 can merely support a maximum user weight of 250 pounds. A good example is some simpler versions in its series, like the TF 100 Fitness Electric Treadmill.
The treadmill comes with extended safety handrails to make you feel secure and comfortable during workouts. It has a safety key that protects the user from the running track, just in case they slip. The frame is compact and foldable and measures only 51″ long and 32″ wide. Wheels are also included to enhance portability, so the overall storage is convenient and can be done with ease.
A commendable warranty accompanies the treadmill, but it’s subject to some conditions. When bought from the manufacturer’s website, the TF1000 comes with an incredible warranty package for its value. This includes five years warranty covering parts and labor, and ten years for the frame and motor.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”POSITIVES:”]
- Very lightweight
- Extra-long safety handrails
- Quiet motor
- Most parts comes already assembled
- The wide side allows you to take breaks easily.
- No programs
- No incline
- Poorly cushioned
- The 20â€ track size may not be enough for some users
Verdict: The Exerpeutic TF 1000 Fitness Electric Treadmill is such a high capacity and capable workout equipment that can help you achieve your fitness goals. The model’s overall rating is pretty impressive for a $500 budget treadmill.
Exerpeutic TF1000 Ultra High Capacity Walk to Fitness Electric Treadmill, 400 lbs
$459.00 in stock
- Electric walking treadmill with 1.5-horsepower high-torque motor
- Adjustable speed up to 4 miles per hour in 0.1 mph increments
- 20-inch-wide treadmill belt; extra-long 18-inch safety handles
- LCD display monitors time, distance, calories burned, speed, and pulse
- Supports up to 400 pounds; folding frame; 5-year motor and 1-year frame warranty
Best Treadmills for Heavy Person Buying Guide
Treadmills are generally commercial-based equipment and are designed to sustain a large number of users who use them each day. Regardless of how huge you might be, you don’t need to fret about breaking any of these treadmills. However, there are several things you need to consider if you are looking for the best treadmill for yourself.
What to Look For When BuyingÂ Treadmills for Heavy Person
Essential features: You may want to buy equipment that boats all the pleasurable display extras such as exercise programs, weight loss tracker, or other fun entertainment options. Still, most importantly, you need to focus on those features that will help use the model the best way. Remember, the biggest challenge is to use the unit continually, so don’t bother about such posh extras at first.
Wide running deck: Most commercial-grade treadmills tend to feature reasonably wide tread belts as they are designed for different persons across all shapes and sizes. However, this may not always hold for budget treadmills.
You will need to pay close attention to the width of the workout deck when shopping for your piece. The deck should be wide enough such that it can accommodate your natural gait, without posing any problems when you need to stop. Big people typically need wider treadmills.
Therefore the treadmill belt needs to be wine enough to sustain your natural walking/running strides. Otherwise, any treadmill that gets you stepping off the tread belt is not the best option.
With a too narrow deck, you might slip off the belt when running. Considering the length, if you want a treadmill for walking purposes only, perhaps with some bit of jogging as you cut weight, then you will need a running belt length not less than 55 inches, or 60 if you are tall.
Sturdy heavy-duty frame: The next thing to check when choosing your best treadmill is a strong frame. Most treadmills typically build models with suitable weight capacity, ranging from 300 to 500 pounds. Nonetheless, if at all you don’t weigh 300 pounds, it’s always better to buy a heavy-duty model because it can support your weight with ease.
Pay attention to the model specification as specified by the manufacturer. They should provide the necessary info that the treadmill is suitable for heavy persons. This can be quite reliable since such claims are only published after performing extensive testing.
Good warranty: The workout machine will probably be a substantial part of your daily life. The most expensive, high-end treadmills are typically associated with a competitive warranty from the manufacturer. Optimally, go for something that retains these features:
- Three to seven years part warranty
- At least one-year labor warranty
- Lifetime motor warranty
- Lifetime frame warranty
These are the basic warranty terms that guarantee a significant time of fulfillment with your treadmill.
Treadmillâ€™s weight limit: Similar to other exercise equipment, treadmills come with a weight established by the manufacturer. For this particular article, we’re focusing on the best treadmills for heavy persons, between 300 to 450 pounds.
It’s recommended to consider a treadmill that has a maximum weight limit below slightly higher or at your weight. It is not that models with lower weight capacity are bad, but they will obviously wear faster, the engine will always be struggling and overheating to sustain the right speed.
However, best manufactures do consider the margin of safety, meaning if the stated capacity is 350 pounds, and you’re somewhat slightly heavier, you shouldn’t encounter any problems with the treadmill.
Undoubtedly, manufacturers will not tell you that as it can lead to a breach of warranty terms, but a good number of big guys have successfully worked on treadmills with a slightly less weight capacity than theirs.
So, if you’ve decided to invest in yourself, the above mentioned selection includes the best treadmills for heavy persons the market has to offer. We picked them based on the stated key features and real workout experience. Also, these models varies with each other to some extent, so you will certainly find the one that matches your partialities.