Every wise person knows that health is one of the greatest assets you can have. No price can be attributed to the value of good health, and it is important to do everything possible to maintain it. According to Mayo Clinic, one of the ways to do that is to maintain regular exercise schedules.
With that in mind, consider that the best treadmills are usually the most expensive. The relationship between price and quality is very simple: You get what you pay for. A price tag of $2000 for a treadmill may sound high until you think about the associated health benefits.
While it is true that there are some great options at lower prices, you forget that the more features the treadmill has, the more motivation you get to use it. There is no need to have a hunk of metal sitting in your garage if you’re not going to use it.
|Best Treadmills Under $2000||USP||Ratings||Buy|
|Powerful, smooth and quiet motor.||Buy Now|
|Wide belt with Cushion Flex technology is great for running and jogging.||Buy Now|
|One-touch quick controls for speed and incline adjustment.||Buy Now|
|The screen is just great, and it also comes with 50 workout programs.||Buy Now|
A lot of people realize this and have been using top quality treadmills. We had the pleasure of reaching out to many of them through various social platforms to get some information.
Every treadmill has to be particularly good to excel in this category because it is the one with the most competition. Most manufacturers make their best effort in models competing in the $1000-$2000 bracket.
According to users, these are the best treadmills that can be had for under $2000.
#1. NordicTrack C1750
The NordicTrack 1750 commercial series stands out right off the bat. The manufacturer is a giant in the exercise machine industry, and clearly, this machine is built to match its reputation because a lot of people have very good words for it.
For one, it is packed with more features than any other treadmill in this category. From workout programs to expert coaching through iFit Coach, to performance, the NordicTrack C1750 is unrivaled.
To start with, it is powered by a powerful 3.75 CHP DurX Commercial Plus motor. Those fancy terms just mean that the motor is incredibly reliable, especially because it has a self-cooling mechanism.
This power means that the NordicTrack C1750 can reach speeds of up to 12mph. If you’re a walker, a jogger or serious runner, you will find that this treadmill is up to the challenge.
If you love to take things a step further, you have an incline that can go up to 12% or down to 3%. This feature is automated, meaning that you can either adjust it using the button controls on the console or have the iFit coach do it for you during a training session.
Speaking of which, the console comes with a 10″ HD touchscreen (some models have bigger ones, up to 16″). Through it, you can interact with the iFit Coaches especially with the integrated Google Streetview. You can follow your instructor on runs through some of the most scenic places all over the world.
It also comes with 50 workout programs tailored to help you achieve various goals on your fitness journey.
For performance monitoring, there are EKG pulse sensors on the handlebars as well as an included wireless iFit chest strap. You can also track calories burned, horizontal and vertical steps done, incline or decline, time, among others.
This is a solid machine in every way and can support users of up to 300 lbs in weight.
- ProShox cushioning system to absorb the impact of footfalls.
- Powerful, smooth and quiet motor.
- High top speed for running.
- One of the largest running surfaces at 22”W by 60”L.
- 50 workout programs preinstalled for various fitness goals.
- iFit requires a subscription after the first free one year.
- Heavy and takes up quite a lot of space.
- 300 lbs weight limit is a bit low for some users.
The NordicTrack C1750 is the ideal treadmill and a clear winner for this category. It comes with all the features you would need while giving superb performance. You can expect this machine to last you many years.
With the NordicTrack commercial series, not much convincing is required as far as the quality of build is concerned.
- Interactive Personal Training at Home powered by iFit; 1 year iFit membership included with your treadmill; gain access to on demand, interactive trainer led global and studio workout programs ($396 value)
#2. Sole Fitness F80
The Sole F80 wins when it comes to value for money and reliability. The company has a long record of making fitness and exercise machines, and most of their models have been dominating the market for years. The Sole F80 is one of these.
For one, you will be glad to hear that it costs less than $1500. This is despite its solid, high strength steel construction and a full range of features.
It is powered by a powerful, 3.75 CHP, direct current motor. This allows it to go from 0.5mph up to 12mph. This makes it perfect for everyone regardless of whether you want to run, jog or just walk.
Also, it features a rack-and-pinion gear system powered incline that can tilt up to 15%, giving you the option to make your workout as intense as you wish.
It also comes with Sole’s proprietary Cushion Flex Whisper Deck cushioning system that can reduce the impact of your footfalls by up to 40% compared to asphalt. Besides that, the belt is the widest in this category at 22″W by 60″L, which gives you plenty of space even if you’re tall and are in a full-out run.
The Sole F80 has a 9” display and an additional tablet holder in case you require additional entertainment. Pulse monitoring is done through pulse grips on the bars as well as an included chest strap, and the resulting data such as heart rate, cadence, calories burned, mileage and time is all displayed on the backlit LCD.
If you wish to play music as you exercise, a pair of speakers are installed with Bluetooth connectivity. Overall, this is a great option with a good sturdy build. It is rated for people of up to 375 lbs body weight.
- Wide belt with Cushion Flex technology is great for running and jogging.
- The wireless chest strap is accurate and is good for non-intrusive pulse monitoring.
- Proven reliability over several years of service.
- Powerful motor with high maximum speed.
- Powered incline with easy adjustment that can be done as you run.
- Some machines arrive with an error code on the console which needs customer care assistance.
- The display is a bit bland, although you can use a tablet for more entertainment.
- Only 10 workout programs are available.
The Sole F80 is an example of pure performance. Not only does it give top-notch functionality, but it is also packed with a lot of useful features that would normally be found on higher-priced models.
The Sole F80 is your best bet when it comes to value for money and reliability in this category.
- Features. Includes integrated tablet holder. USB port.
- Heart rate monitoring: Pulse grips & Chest strap compatible. Programs: 10. Cooling Fan included.
- 9.0" LCD display. Size of running surface: 22 x 60. Easy Assist Folding Unit.
#3. 3G Cardio Pro Runner
3G is a manufacturer of premium exercise machines, and their Pro Runner is one of the premium treadmills on the market. It is designed to be a space saver with all the best features of top models on the market.
The 3G Cardio Pro Runner is powered by a direct current 3CHP motor which makes it ideal for prolonged high-intensity use. DC motors heat up less and can handle frequent starts and stops without issues.
The motor provides enough power so that the Pro Runner can go up to 12mph top speed. It starts at 0.5mph and can be increased in stages up to the top speed, making it ideal for anyone who wants to walk, jog or run.
For a more intense workout, this treadmill is fitted with a powered incline system with a maximum incline of 15%. This can be adjusted easily by the touch of a button on the console.
The belt on the Pro Runner is large enough to provide enough space without being too large to reduce its footprint. That is why it is 20″W by 58″ in dimension. Besides, 3G Cardio has incorporated its Ortho Flex Shock technology for cushioning your feet from excessive impact.
Pulse monitors are built into the handgrips, and you can read out your stats on the console which is customized specially for this. It is divided into three: a heart rate tracker, a display for the distance and a slightly larger screen for the rest such as calories burned, incline, speed, etc.
The 3G Cardio Pro Runner is very sturdy and rugged and can accommodate users of up to 350 lbs. The manufacturer has such confidence in it that they offer a lifetime warranty on the frame and the motor and a 5-year warranty on the parts.
- The Ortho Flex cushioning system rests on large 3” rollers, and the whole effect is to make the machine incredibly quiet and soft to run on.
- It features a unique folding design that allows is to be put away when not in use.
- Top-quality build quality with the warranty to match it.
- A large variety of work out programs is available.
- One-touch quick controls for speed and incline adjustment.
- The motor is a little underpowered for this price range.
- No entertainment features.
- The display is a little hard to read, especially during high-intensity workouts.
This is one of the more expensive treadmills in this category, and you would expect it to have a few more features such as speakers and a chest strap. However, what it lacks is compensated by the premier quality standards, and this is a machine that you will use for many years to come.
In terms of durability and reliability, the 3G Cardio Pro Runner has few competitors. Go on and buy it here on Amazon.
- The 3G Cardio Pro Runner is the perfect treadmill for those who want quality but also need to conserve space. While there are many folding treadmills on the market today, the Pro Runner Treadmill offers users the unique ability to have a high quality and space saving treadmill all in one! Most folding treadmills lack the quality needed to run at higher speeds or longer distances but that is not the case with the Pro Runner Treadmill.
#4. Adidas T-19X
Not many people know that Adidas has a hardware division, and still fewer others know that they make treadmills. Perhaps that is the reason why it has not gained popularity as it should. This is a wonderful piece of machinery, designed for home use to deliver top-notch performance.
For starters, the belt is improved for grip and soft cushioning. Adidas is calling it an orthopedic belt. Its surface is extra rough to improve grip, and it rests on Adidas’ proprietary cushioning technology for a superb cushioning effect.
For power, a 4 hp motor is available that delivers 3.5hp of continuous duty power (3.5CHP). This lets it go up to a top speed of 12.5mph, which is the highest in this category.
It also comes with a 15 level incline feature with a maximum incline of 15%. Both the incline and speed can be adjusted easily by the touch of a button.
For entertainment, Adidas has the Ultra X console with a 10.1” HD screen. It is internet-enabled, with popular apps such as Netflix and Hulu already installed. There is a Chrome browser for surfing the web, just like with a smartphone.
Adidas has also included 27 preset workouts for various fitness goals and 3 virtual runs.
- Top-quality engineering from Adidas. The treadmill runs smoothly and feels very steady.
- Great entertainment options, including live streaming. It is the only one with the feature.
- Superb cushioning courtesy of the NRG technology.
- The powerful motor gives steady and smooth performance.
- Stylish design, by far the best in this category.
- No Bluetooth connectivity.
- The user manual is very unhelpful even with assembly.
- It’s a relatively new product, so not much information is available.
Adidas recently introduced the T-19X as an improvement to the T-19 model; both are very good treadmills with even better features than you would typically expect. The internet-enabled screen is a steal, for sure.
You can be one more member of the small pool of brave souls who trusted this treadmill on its merit and are now singing its merits.
#5. NordicTrack 9.5S
NordicTrack dominates the mid to top price range categories, and you can see why. Having two different models from the same manufacturer is no joke, it is a testimony to how much people trust the brand.
The NordicTrack 9.5S excels mainly for its first-class quality features. For one, it features a 3.6CHP DurX commercial plus motor. Commercial motors are designed to work much harder and for much longer than the others, which means that its reliability and durability in a residential setting is unequaled.
It features a 20″W by 60″L belt, wide enough for any user. This sits on a steel board cushioned with NordicTrack’s FlexSelect cushioning to dampen the impact made by the feet on the machine.
The motor can drive the belt to speeds of 12mph. The treadmill also has an automated incline system with a 12% maximum incline, and both the speed and incline can be adjusted easily using button touch controls.
The NordicTrack 9.5S comes iFit Coach Plus already installed and with a free one-year subscription. It is also integrated with Google Maps and Google Street View, which allows you to follow your iFit instructor around the world on scenic runs. iFit also allows the instructor to adjust your speed and incline remotely to match the virtual terrain.
Perhaps the most exciting feature is the 14” HD smart touchscreen, which allows you to have realistic online classes.
- Powerful motor.
- Superb cushioning.
- The screen is just great, and it also comes with 50 workout programs.
- Performance monitoring through pulse grips on the handles.
- Well built machine with a great manufacturer’s warranty.
- iFit requires a paid subscription after the free one year.
- More expensive than most other brands in the category.
- Quite heavy, also it comes with EasyLift Assist to help with folding.
You can see why NordicTrack is popular. The 9.5S commercial series model is full of premium features, which are a lot even in this price bracket.
If you are a fan and want all these fancy features, do not hesitate to order one for yourself from Amazon.
- Interactive Personal Training at Home powered by iFit; 1-year iFit membership included with your treadmill; gain access to on-demand, interactive trainer-led global and studio workout programs ($396 value)
Buying Guide for Treadmills Under $2000
If you’re looking to invest in a treadmill in the sub-2000 dollar range, you have a wide selection of high-quality treadmills to choose from. Premium quality features struggle for your attention in every model, so you should know what you’re looking for.
- Design and quality – At this price level, you should not compromise on quality. You should get a sturdy machine that runs like a charm.
- Cushioning – Cushioning should be on top of your list. Pounding on a slab of steel for hours every week is not going to be friendly to your knees.
- Max speed and incline – These should be standard. They should be easy to adjust and functional.
- Monitoring – Some manufacturers get lazy when it comes to progress monitoring. You should get an accurate pulse sensor or better still, a wireless chest strap.
- Console – The display should be more than decent at this level, with all the stats you need and possibly an entertainment option or two.
If you’re planning to invest more than $1000 on a treadmill, it means you’ve got the momentum going as far as your fitness is concerned. This is why it is important to get the best treadmill you can for your money.
Luckily, this is where most manufacturers focus their efforts. You can get a lot of machine for your buck, so to speak. You just need to be smart about it. That is why it is important to get the input of people who are already using the machines to have some insider information.
Now that you have the information you need, you can click ‘Buy’ on the machine of your choice without fear.