When you’re exercising indoors, you can get bored very easily. The monotonous, repetitive routines and the enclosed space of an indoor gym are not very motivating, to say the least. So, what do you do?
Having a treadmill with a TV screen and internet is a great way to keep yourself entertained while you work out. But before you invest hundreds (maybe even thousands) of dollars on such a treadmill, won’t you like to find out the best option out there?
You’re in luck because we have all this information right here for you. To compile our list of the best treadmills with TV screens and internet, we spoke to users on Facebook, scoured through hundreds of user reviews and actually met real people using these products.
If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot. Or you can scroll down for the detailed reviews.
Top 5 Treadmills With Inbuilt TV Screens
Treadmills are a very popular option for cardio exercises. This is mainly because the running/jogging action is very natural, with natural strides and steps. However, they vary widely depending on how well they are built and what features are included.
In addition to having TV screens, these treadmills also proved to be very good at their core function as exercise machines.
#1. NordicTrack T-Series Treadmill
You would not be far from truth is you say that NordicTrack is one of the best manufacturer of exercise machines. It certainly makes top quality machines, and the T-Series is no different. It comprises of the T6.5 S, the T7.5 S, the T8.5 S, and the T 9.5 S. This represents their range of budget to affordable treadmills.
While any member of the NordicTrack T-Series is a worthy mention here, the T9.5S is a favorite due to its 14″ Smart HD touchscreen. It offers a crisp and clear display, from which you can enjoy the inbuilt 50 workout apps, iFit coach or simply connect to the internet and stream your favorite movie.
Apart from the entertainment options (which also include two inbuilt speakers), the T9.5S is a solid machine in every way. It is built around a commercial-grade steel frame, with a lifetime warranty for it and the motor. It also comes with a 5-year warranty for parts and a 2 year one for labor, which is proof of just how durable this machine is.
You also get a powerful 3.5 CHP motor that is perfect for running, walking or jogging. Its high power means that it can support you comfortably even if you approach the weight limit of 300 lbs.
Other features include a max 12 mph speed and a superior adjustable FlexSelect cushioning system.
What we liked
- Superior build quality, rivaling the C series which are made for commercial use.
- It comes with a one-year iFit subscription.
- Excellent entertainment options, with a massive 14″ inch crisp touchscreen display and inbuilt speakers.
- It can be folded and put away when not in use.
- Powerful motor.
What we didn’t like
- The incline maxes out at 12%, which can be limited for some people.
- The deck is 20″ wide, which again can feel restricted.
- If you are a heavy fellow looking for high-intensity training, the 300lbs weight limit may not be enough for you.
If you’re looking for casual to medium intensity workouts, the NordicTrack T9.5 S is just perfect. The big screen, free 1-year iFit subscription and inbuilt speakers are particularly appealing, and you will never get bored training with this machine.
The best part is that it is very competitively priced, at almost $1800. Its features threaten other models that are way more expensive. Check it out at Amazon.
- Your purchase includes: NordicTrack T Series Treadmill 9.5S + 1-year iFit membership
- Review the instructions regarding your iFit program to redeem your one year iFit membership and activate your equipment for unlimited workout programs and experiences
- Item dimensions (unfolded): 78.5" L x 36" W x 59" H - user weight capacity: 300 pounds; Item dimensions (folded): 38" L x 36" W x 73" H. Tread Belt: 20" x 60"
- Engineering: 3.5 CHP DurX Commercial Plus Motor, 0-12 MPH speed, 12° incline, one-touch controls, 1.9" non-fex rollers, auto-breeze workout fan. EKG grip pulse
- Assembly or Inside-home delivery not included. Please coordinate with Amazon or delivery partner to request this additionally. Subject to availability.
#2. ProForm Pro 9000 Treadmill with Screen
The ProForm Pro 9000 is an upgraded version of ProForm’s best-selling ProForm 2000. It gives you one of the largest running areas in the industry thanks to its large 60″ L x 22″ W belt surface area. It also comes with some of the best entertainment options that ProForm has to offer.
ProForm is one of the biggest manufacturers of exercise machines, and they have put in a lot of effort into the ProForm 9000. Although it is marketed as a residential machine, it is made to such a high standard that most people regard it as a light-commercial treadmill.
With this particular machine, you get high-grade steel components for the frame. It also packs a huge 4.25 CHP Mach Z commercial plus motor with up to 12mph Quickspeed controls. These and the fine engineering make it a durable, high-performance machine.
ProForm has added an inbuilt 10″ full-color touchscreen with internet capabilities and a Chrome browser. This means that you can stream and watch anything you want while exercising. Even better, it comes with inbuilt iFit integration. This means that you get world-class coaching with automatic incline/decline controls.
The ProForm 9000 also has the largest incline/decline ranges, with 15% and 3% available respectively. These can be adjusted at angles of 1%.
What we liked
- The large motor makes it perfect for runners and heavy people.
- Large running surface.
- Large, interactive and high definition touchscreen.
- Durable and well built.
- iFit enabled.
What we didn’t like
- Fairly Expensive
- iFit requires a monthly subscription.
- Although it comes with an impressive warranty, there are complaints of poor customer service.
This is the best residential treadmill that ProForm has currently. It comes with all the bells and whistles you would expect from a top of the line treadmill. The iFit and internet-enabled touchscreen console are a massive benefit.
If you have that kind of money that top quality demands, then the ProForm 9000 is worth every penny. What’s more, there usually are massive discounts time and again, so check it out here at Amazon.
- 4.25 chp Mach Z commercial plus motor, 0 to 12 MPH quick speed control
- Dimensions - Footprint: 39.15” W x 77.16” D x 70” H | Tread Belt: 22” x 60”
- 15 percent incline, -3 percent decline
- Weight Capacity: 300 lb
- 2.5” Precision-Balanced Rollers, integrated cross fit tray
#3. FreeMotion 890 Treadmill
For those who prefer the good old fashioned TV, it does not get better than the FreeMotion 890. It comes with a 10″ touch screen console with Android and internet connectivity as well as a 15″ HD TV on top. You can hook up the TV with a coaxial cable for cable TV programming. It also has RCA and HDMI ports that you can use to connect it with a laptop.
In short, this is a fully-fledged entertainment system on a powerful, sturdy treadmill. The FreeMotion is a heavy-duty treadmill, and of the strongest on the market. If features and impressive 400 lbs weight limit, and is powered by a massive 4.25 CHP motor.
Also, it is large with a running area of 22″W x 60″L.Â It is meant for large people and hard use, and it incorporates a load of premium features to boot.
The FreeMotion 890 boasts a 15% maximum incline as well as a 3% decline. This can be adjusted at levels of 1%. Add to that some 40 workout apps, a CoolAire workout fan, and Surface Response Cushioning and you get the ultimate treadmill.
This machine is built to last. The frame and motor carry a lifetime warranty. All these features mean that it does not come cheap though, and you must have a big budget to get this veritable load of treadmill goodness.
What we liked
- The display console and the added HD TV are the epitome of entertainment on a treadmill. No other one comes close.
- This is a seriously strong machine. If you are heavy-set or like intense workouts, this is the treadmill for you.
- 40 workout apps are included, as well as integrated iFit coach which requires a monthly subscription.
- Superior, automatic incline and decline capabilities.
- Wireless Polar chest strap for heart rate monitoring. The machine also saves your workout metrics for comparison.
What we didn’t like
- Very expensive. There are many cheaper models, even from manufacturers like NordicTrack.
- Poor customer service. A lot of users had complained that either were not addressed on that took very long to be sorted out.
- Assembly will cost you some time and can be hard to do if you’re not up to it.
If you’re looking for super heavy-duty, look no further than the FreeMotion 890. And if you’re looking for the ultimate in exercise entertainment, this is the ultimate. The combination of an internet-enabled, high definition 10″ touchscreen and a TV on top will keep you entertained while you work out.
If you want to go all out and never have to think about buying a treadmill again, the FreeMotion 890 is the perfect solution.Â
- 15" High-Definition TV, 10" Full Color Touch Display with Browser Powered by Android, iFit Enabled, 4.25 CHP Commercial Pro Motor
- 0-12 MPH 1-Step Speed Control, -3-0% 1-Step Decline Control, 0-15% 1-Step Incline Control, 40 Workout Apps, 400 lb. Weight Capacity
- SRS? Surface Response Suspension Cushioning, Dual-Grip Heart Rate Monitor with Polar Wireless Chest Strap Included
- 22" x 60" 2-Ply, Commercial-Grade Tread belt, 3" Precision Machined and Balanced Non-Flex Rear Roller, CoolAire Workout Fan
- This treadmill is backed by a Lifetime Frame and Motor Warranty, 5-Year Parts Warranty and a 2-Year Labor Warranty
#4. Matrix TF50 With The Matrix XIR Console
Matrix is another reputable manufacturer of top-quality exercise machines, albeit less well known. You’re more likely to find a Matrix in a health club or spa, and this alone speaks volumes about the brand.
The Matrix TF50 is a strong, sturdy and very reliable treadmill. The console is interchangeable, and in this case, the Matrix XIR is the biggest and most advanced one they have at the time of writing.
In reality, the Matrix XIR should be considered separately because it can be fixed on any Matrix exercise equipment such as treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, among others. Thus, it deserves a mention on its own.
The Matrix XIR console consists of a high definition, 16″ touchscreen display, WiFi connectivity, and Android OS and two 5W speakers. It also comes with a wireless Polar chest strap for heart rate monitoring, Bluetooth connectivity for your mobile device as well as a USB port for charging.
The XIR also comes with ViaFit fitness tracking software developed by Johnson Fitness, the company that manufacturers Matrix equipment. It also comes with internet browsing capabilities, popular apps such as Netflix, Facebook, Hulu and the like, wireless music playing as well as numerous fitness apps.
Since the Matrix XIR can be fitted on any exercise machine from Matrix, the Matrix TF50 can be regarded as an example here. However, it is a great treadmill in its own right and is one of the best in the market.
The treadmill features a 3.25 CHP motor, which is relatively powerful and works for most people. It is also heavy-duty and comes with a weight limit of 400 lbs, and a maximum incline of 15%.
What we liked
- The Matrix XIR is a great option because it is detachable and can be fixed on varied Matrix machines.
- The 16″ display is one of the largest you can find.
- The Matrix TF50 treadmill is very reliable and heavy-duty.
- The 15% incline range is more than most people ever need.
- A 12.5mph speed limit makes it ideal for intense use.
What we didn’t like
- The motor is a bit underpowered, considering the high weight and speed limit.
- The programming on the XIR console is outdated and has issues with sites like Netflix.
- Quite expensive, especially when it comes with the XIR console. Other options are available.
When you think of the Matrix TF50 and the Matrix XIR console, the word reliability comes to mind. These are heavy, tough products that will last you a lifetime. Although Matrix has gone the extra mile to provide great entertainment with the XIR console, its focus is on a solid performance.
Even though it is expensive compared to its counterparts, the Matrix TF50 paired with the Matrix XIR will quickly earn your trust. You can find the duo here on Amazon.
- Built in Sprint 8 high intensity interval training System
- Featuring Virtual Active, travel the world from your treadmill's console
- HD touchscreen console with best in class Apps to keep boredom away
- Lifetime frame and motor Warranty
- Bluetooth Compatible - Connect your favorite devices
#5. Life Fitness 95T
The Life Fitness 95 T is another great option among treadmills with TV screens. It has a generous 19″ TV screen and can suport people up to 400 pounds. With a max speed of 14 miles per hour, it is good for both jogging and running.
The running deck is a spacious 22″ wide and 60″ long, giving runners ample room for that long stride. It has a fairly robust shock absorption system to reduce the stress that running puts on the knees.
What we liked
- Top of the line entertainment with large 19″ screen and inbuilt speakers.
- Powerful motor.
- Spacious running area.
- Good shock absorption.
What we didn’t like
- Initial assembly is a headache unless you’re used to it. It is best to pay for assembly.
- Expensive compared to others rated for residential use.
Almost every review gives the NordicTrack C2950 over 95% ratings. The reason for this is simple: this machine is the epitome of reliability, ruggedness, and entertainment. The mere fact that it is rated for commercial use tells you that top quality engineering is involved.
With the entertainment options available, the NordicTrack C2950 is worth every penny.
- ✅ ENJOY YOUR WORKOUT – With a 19” Integrated Touch Screen, it is easy to enjoy your workout! The console is Apple and Android Compatible and has Internet connectivity, Interactive running trails and an integrated TV.
- ✅ FLEXDECK SHOCK ABSORPT ION SYSTEM: Reduces knee and joint stress up to 30% more than non-cushioned surfaces, decreasing the chance for injury. Eight incredibly durable Lifespring shock absorbers deliver smooth cushioning throughout the deck, regardless of user weight or running stride.
- ✅ MOTIVATING WORKOUT VARIETY: Heart Rate+ Workouts automatically adjust the incline level to keep users in their target heart-rate zone. Other workouts include 5K and 10K Run, goal-based workouts and Fit Test.
- ✅ GENEROUS RUNNING SURFACE: The generous 22" x 60" (56 cm x 152 cm) running surface has a small footprint of 37" x 80" (94 cm x 203 cm) to conserve floor space. Incline up to 15%. LIFESCAPE INTERACTIVE COURSES: Take high-definition hikes and runs through famous locations around the world. The integrated machine controls speed as the exerciser runs faster and matches the incline to the varying terrains.
- ✅ Assembly is required. Expert Assembly is a service offered by Amazon Inc. The words "Expert Assembly" is a clickable link; once clicked it will take you to a secondary page. Allowing you to search for companies in your area to come and assemble them for an extra fee.
What to Look For When Buying a Treadmill
Before you go out to buy a treadmill, you need to set a few parameters based on what you need. For example, consider whether space is a priority for you. Think about your budget and the maximum amount you’re willing to spend. Also, look around and think about the features you would love to have, such as a large screen in this case.
Once you have these preliminary details, it is time to find the perfect treadmill for you. Here’s what you need to look for.
- Motor power – This is measured in continuous horsepower (CHP), which means the steady power delivered over an extended period. The higher the CHP, the better since it will be able to bear more intense workouts for longer.
- Belt size – This determines the running/jogging/walking space available. The bigger space the better, especially if you’re a large person. Typically, 15″ W by 50″ L is good for walking while 20″ W by 60″ L is recommended for running or jogging.
- Durability – A lot of factors determine this, such as the thickness of the track, the type of steel used for the frame, joint tolerances, etc. The easiest way to know how durable a treadmill is to consider the warranty offered. The longer it is, the more confident the manufacturer is of their engineering standards.
- Weight capacity – If you’re a heavy person, this is an important consideration. The capacity should be at least 20% more than your weight for safety and durability reasons.
- Extra features – In a case like this where you want a big screen, it is important to consider extra features. This is where you think about the display, internet capabilities, speakers, Bluetooth, wireless heart monitoring, etc.
You know how hard it is to get the motivation to exercise, day in day out. Unlike running outdoors where changing scenery is a natural attraction, indoor exercise gets monotonous very quickly.
For this reason, manufacturers have come up with all kinds of innovative ways to draw you in. Unlike a few years ago where the TV was the main entertainment option available, nowadays we have more options.
From user feedback, you can conclude that internet connectivity and large display are the main reasons these treadmills are popular, in addition to their excellent performance and build quality.
No matter what your entertainment preference is, this list is sure to have given you a good idea of what you can get in terms of the best treadmills with TV.