One of the most practical ways to stay fit and remain at the top of the game is to have a sensible workout routine. For that, we tend to spend bulks on gym membership plans that drastically cost way too much for most of us.
Most people are so occupied in fulfilling their daily duties that they can barely frequent a gym. So they buy a home gym equipment and set up a workout space in their own homes.
However, dishing out thousands of dollars for massive, multi-gym stuff for your home is not a sparing process. And even if you can afford it, it’ll be of much inconvenience to set up the whole thing. Plus, it’ll call for vexing maintenance now and then.
Luckily, you can now experience all the gains offered by a gym at the comfort of your home, without having to spend a fortune or watching over numerous workout staff.
Flagging from Body Boss, the Home Gym 2.0 incorporates all the features and attachments of a gym into one handy device.
With this great and incredibly affordable workout tool at your disposal, no more frets that you are going to miss out on the gym. It’s designed with remarkable portability, so space isn’t an issue. It’s an effective strategy adopted by Body Boss to deliver 300+ different workouts through numerous workout methods that concentrated into a single modernistic product- Home Gym 2.0.
For this particular review, we’ll be focusing on all aspects that make BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 a recognized standout in the fitness field, and whether it’s the most suitable home gym solution for you.
BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0: Detailed Review
BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0: The Base
One thing that makes the BodyBoss Home Gym an excellent choice is the base. It’s perfectly designed to ease the set-up process. Connecting the bands to the floor is easy, and you can have it in a different configuration to perform more exercises.
The main problem with resistance bands is that you’d have to step on it to perform various moves like shoulder presses and biceps curls. And if you’re one of those who exercise barefoot, the bands will be uncomfortable to work on as it can dig or cause unbearable slots on your foot. Even with shoes, you’ll still experience some kind of awkwardness.
However, BodyBoss focuses on creating a platform where you can attach the bands to the base, rather than stepping on them. This will not only lead to comfy workouts but also intensify the performance and control over the resistance.
The base includes five fold-up hooks to connect the bands to all sides. You can customize the resistance by connecting a band to the hooks, and then twist it through other hooks to shorten the band.
This allows grants you more control over intensity adjustments, which can even eliminate the need for upgrading or adding unnecessary bands. The base features the following dimensions when in use: 19.75″ x 34″x 1″ length, width, and height, respectively.
This is extensive enough for any user to stand on securely for squat. For enhanced portability, the base has a folding mechanism that reduces the overall size by half, making it portable, just like a suitcase. There’s also a non-slip grip with some bit of padding to keep the base steady and comfort during workouts.
BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0: The Bands
The BodyBoss 2.0 resistance system is pretty standard, and while it isn’t much interesting to at a guess, it’s still worth it to discuss a few things. This unit utilizes a collection of bands designed to provide at least 30 lbs of resistance each.
These bands provide variable resistance depending on the extent to which are stretched- basically, the more they are stretched, the more intensity (resistance) you get. Most bands work like this. However, different bands come with varying levels of resistance, subject to how thick or how easily they can be stretched.
They have clips mounted on both ends. This allows you to attach the bands to the base and other attachments, including handles. They are also come with a cloth material purposely for protecting the bands from wearing down. They are all fine, although only two of them include a home gym package and one band on each side for various exercises like squats.
You can still attach supplemental bands to the bar. According to BodyBoss, you can add 4-5 bands on both sides of the bar. The only downside is that such additional bands are sold separately.
What’s better, the home gym is compatible with any band and will work particularly well as long as there are clips to attach it. Yet the whole thing could be more superior if the manufacturer would take in a few additional bands with varying levels for more control over resistance.
The available bands measure about 30 inches long, but users reported that they could be a little longer, as taller users feel somewhat restricted on some workouts. Although you can shorten the length of these bands, you can’t extend them any longer.
The BodyBoss 2.0 features several attachments that come in handy when performing various exercises. But for the most part, you’ll get the following accessories included in the package:
- Two padded handles
- Workout bar
- Door anchor
- Two padded ankle/wrist straps
Despite being slightly skimped with only two resistance bands, BodyBoss does a remarkable job when it comes to attachments. They include almost everything to make this a complete and portable home gym.
The workout bar is excellent for doing squats. Plus, it comes with padded grips, meaning you can handle as if it were a barbell during any exercise calling for a barbell. It also has rotating band clips. This allows the band system always to stay perfectly oriented during use, thereby eradicating any instances of the bands sliding on you while working out.
The straps and the handle system is pretty standard. The multifunction straps will grant you more options to perform numerous exercises.
With all the handy attachments and accessories, the thing should be portable and easy to transport. For that, BodyBoss incorporates a carrying case that holds all the attachments together. Still, it would be better if these attachments could fit in the base in its fold-up design. That way, the unit would be more convenient, even without any additional storage closet.
BodyBoss claims that you can perform 300+ different activities with this model. In essence, the BodyBoss 2.0 Home Gym system can bring you the much-needed exercises you can practically do with other commercial models.
Users report that doing a high-intensity deadlift on this unit is somewhat tricky since it’s hard to shorten the bands to increase resistance instantaneously during the moves. Bench press may not work precisely well with this model either.
However, using the provided door anchor and base, you can certainly do all the standards, including squats, bicep curls, chest flys, tricep extensions, lat pulldown, and shoulder flys. BodyBoss includes a workout manual to guide on how to get started, along with 100+ workout videos online.
Overall, the exercise variety provided by the BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 is pretty impressive. It gives more workouts than most typical home gyms.
- Looking at the company’s website, the BodyBoss provides a lifetime warranty on their home gyms. This sounded too good for a product under this price category, so we decided to dig further. It turns out that the product comes with a 1-year warranty covering everything included in the package.
- This is more practical considering that the resistance bands will eventually breakdown as all bands do. Moreover, the constant stretching will gradually weaken the band, which will intrude on its ability to withstand such workouts. That said, a one-year warranty for a model at this price range is pretty average.
- A portable home gym that enables you to workout almost anywhere
- Folding mechanism adds more exercise variety
- Door anchor included
- Handles and ankle/wrist cuffs included
- A whole range of online exercises to help you hit your goals
- The provided bar helps you to perform exercises like squats
- Carrying case for accessories included
- Fairly priced
- Only two resistance included
- The foldable base doesn’t accommodate the attachments
- BRING THE GYM TO YOU & SIMULATE 1,000s OF DOLLARS WORTH OF GYM EQUIPMENT IN 1 SYSTEM: The BodyBoss 2.0 was designed to simulate all the bulky equipment and machines you see at the gym and combine them into one revolutionary workout concept - the BodyBoss 2.0, a portable gym. BodyBoss Portable Gym is the World's 1st home gym you can take anywhere.
- EASILY WORKOUT UPPER BODY OR LOWER BODY: What if you didn't have to drive to the gym to get an upper body workout in or you could carry an entire rack of dumbells or a huge squat rack with you anywhere you wanted? The gym can be a fun place to go but getting there as much as you want each week is tough! With the Portable Gym, you can literally do an upper body workout, lower body workout, cardio resistance boxing workout & body part focus workout all in the same week with the just one product!
- OVER $1,000,000 RAISED ON KICKSTARTER & INDIEGOGO: When designing the BodyBoss workout product we wanted to make sure that it was lightweight & compact, but still versatile enough to simulate the gym anywhere. By allowing this any exerciser who gets the BodyBoss Gym will be able to reach their goals, workout more consistently each week & perform any gym exercise they want anywhere they take the Fold Up VectorFit Platform and cloth covered resistance bands.
- GET PROVEN RESULTS & BURN MORE CALORIES: Easily attach the cloth covered resistance bands to the fold up platform and then either the handles, the collapsible workout bar, or the wrist/ankle straps and perform 300+ exercises that you can make easier or harder. The Fold Up Platform allows you to increase or decrease the exercise difficulty based on shortening or lengthening the bands, making it COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZED FOR YOU!
- AMAZON BONUS: Free Start Up Workout Program (optional). We will help you learn your BodyBoss 2.0, teach you exercises and activate your body. You will receive the URL to this link when you email the address in the box. You will receive the workout guides attached to the start up guide in the box!
Last update on 2021-02-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The BodyBoss 2.0 Home Gym is indeed a portable resistance band workout tool designed to offer you a great workout experience without worrying about the extra room. It’s among the most fabulous options when it comes to exercise variety.
With all the said attachments and a tremendous base, you can surely perform any move, perhaps with some adjustments. It boasts excellent customer support, with mostly positive reviews on its impressive build quality.
In terms of transportability, the BodyBoss is pretty good. You can undoubtedly throw this in your car rather quickly and hit the road as usual, though this could be nice if the fold-up mechanism incorporates the attachments. The whole thing might be somewhat hefty to fly with. The base and the accessories together will weigh as much as 15 lbs.
Overall, we like BodyBoss 2.0 home Gym. The model is well designed and features every essential add-on to make your workouts significantly more comfortable. It’s well priced, considering all the perks it incorporates. While this piece of exercise equipment is designed for portability, it would also serve as a stand-alone home gym system, particularly where space is limited.