Dwayne Johnson(The Rock) Workout, Diet & Lifestyle
Dwayne Douglas Johnson was born on May 2, 1972. He is an American-Canadian actor, producer, and former professional wrestler.
Johnson started as a college football player. He played defensive tackle for the University of Miami, Hurricanes. He won a national championship with the team in 1991.
After college, he joined the 1995 NFL draft but did not make it. He then signed with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League (CFL).
Unfortunately, he was later cut off from the team in the middle of the first season. Shortly, after he transitioned into wrestling.
In 1996, Johnson was signed with the WWF. He was the first third-generation wrestler in the company’s history. He was the son of Rocky Johnson and grandson of Peter Maivia.
He became popular with his ring name “The Rock”. He was there for eight years before transitioning into acting.
Consequently, he has become a big hit in Hollywood. His films have grossed over $3.5 billion in North America and over $10.5 billion worldwide.
He is famous for his role in the Fast & Furious franchise. Other popular movies he is in include the Hobbs & Shaw a spinoff of FAF, Hercules, Game plan and many more.
Dwayne-the-rock-Johnson Workout & Fitness Routine
So, how does this 6 feet 4 inches tall, 260lbs buff get ripped for his action hero roles?
The secret is weight training.
Here is a rundown of his weekly workout routine:
Day 1: Chest
- Dumbbell bench press: 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Flat bench press cable fly: 3 sets to failure
- Barbell bench press – medium grip: 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Incline dumbbell press: 5 sets x 10-12 reps
- Cable crossover: 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Barbell incline bench press – medium grip: 3 sets x 10-12 reps
Day 2: Legs
- Leg press: 4 sets x 25 reps
- Barbell walking lunge: 4 sets x 25 reps
- Leg extension: 3 sets x 20 reps
- Seated leg curl: 3 sets x 20 reps
- Smith machine calf raise: 3 sets, to failure
- Thigh abductor: 3 sets x 15 reps
- Barbell lunge: 3 sets x 20 reps
Day 3: Abs & Arms
- Barbell curl: 3 sets x 10-12 reps
- Hammer curl: 4 sets x 10-12 reps
- Spider curl: 4 sets, to failure
- Triceps pushdown: 3 sets x 10 reps
- Dips – triceps version: 3 sets, to failure
- Hanging leg raise: 4 sets x 20 reps
- Rope crunch: 4 sets x 20 reps
- Russian twist: 4 sets x 20 reps
Day 4: Back
- Wide-grip lat pulldown: 4 sets x 10-15 reps
- Barbell deadlift: 4 sets x 10-15 reps
- Barbell shrug: 4 sets x 15 reps
- Pull-up: 4 sets x 15 reps
- Back extension: 4 sets x 15 reps
- Single-arm dumbbell row: 4 sets x 15 reps
- Inverted row: 3 sets, to failure
Day 5: Shoulders
- Dumbbell shoulder press: 4 sets x 12 reps
- Front dumbbell raise: 4 sets x 12 reps
- Side lateral raise: 4 sets x 12 reps
- Standing military press: 4 sets x 12 reps
- Reverse fly: 3 sets x 10-15 reps
Day 6: Legs
Repeat the workout from day 2.
Day 7: Rest
To prepare for the role in Hercules ‘The Rock’ ate the same seven meals every day for six months!
He posted his diet on Instagram and said “Our training is key, but diet is crucial. Here’s my diet I did every day for 6 months while shooting #HERCULESMovie A ton of calories, cause I had to support my 2xs a day training and 12hr shooting days. Plus I only had one crack at making HERCULES EPIC so I committed. Adjust the diet to your personal goals and have fun. Nemean Lion blood is optional. #TeamHercules #ItAllStartsInTheKitchen #FOCUS.”
Here is the diet #Team Hercules 12 labors diet
10 oz fillet with 4 egg whites, 5 oz oatmeal or cream of wheat, measured dry
8 oz chicken, 2 cups white rice, 1 cup broccoli
8 oz halibut, 2 cups white rice, 1 cup asparagus
8 ox chicken, 12 oz baked potato, 1 cup broccoli
8 oz halibut, 11/2 cups white rice, 1 cup asparagus
8 oz filet, 9 oz baked potato with salad
30 grams casein protein,10 egg whites, scrambled with onions, peppers, and mushrooms
*1 cup Nemean lion blood upon rising, served fresh and warm.
To mimic a diet like The Rock, go big on egg whites, filet mignon, chicken, fish, oatmeal, asparagus, baked potatoes, cream of rice, salad, complex carbs, and broccoli.
On the contrary, stay clear of junk food, processed foods, sugar, fruit juice, soft drinks, hydrogenated fats, refined foods, and artificial ingredients.
1) Catching Zzzzs and early mornings
The Rock sleeps for only three to five hours per night. He makes sure he wakes up before the sun rises. This is to allow him to have 2 hours to himself before everyone wakes up. He says this time is for him to orient himself for the day and plan his workout.
He’s one of the most productive actors in Hollywood, with a dozen projects in the works.
2) The Family Hustle
Pro wrestling is a family affair. The Rocks’ grandfather and father were both professional wrestlers. Several uncles and cousins do it as well.
Johnson’s cousin Tanoai Reed often acts as his stunt double.
3) Giving Back
In October 2007, Dwayne together with his ex-wife Dany Garcia donated $1 University of Miami. They are both Alma Mater of the school.
The money was to renovate Miami’s football facilities. And at the time it was the largest gift a former Hurricane student-athlete had ever made to the university’s athletic department.
The Hurricanes’ football locker room was renamed Dwayne Johnson in his honor.
- How can you maintain your lifestyle like Dwayne-the-rock-Johnson
To be like the Rock, wake up early. Curve out 2 hours in the morning to focus on what you want to achieve with your day. Write down you goals and prepare on how to achieve them. Finally, give back to the community.