Marcy Club Revolution XJ-3220 is the best selling exercise bike from Marcy in the market. In fact, it is the best bike ever by Marcy in mid-range.
This bike is very similar to the recently discontinued Marcy JX-7038 model. There are some great changes in the newer model.
The XJ-3220 cycle has a chain drive and a heavy flywheel that makes your cardio workout intense than ever. The body is built solid. The newer XJ-3220 model is certainly made to be more stable and suitable for heavy workouts than the previous JX-7038 model.
The Marcy XJ-3220 is one of the best bikes you need to look in the $300 range.
Let us look how this bike stacks up.
Table of Contents
Marcy XJ-3220 Indoor Cycle Review
The assembling of the bike takes only around 5 minutes, as most of the parts come pre-assembled in this bike.
The things you need to do is attach the base to the frame, put the seat on the place, fix the bottle holder, and put the handlebar on the place. It is as simple and straightforward as that.40 lb flywheel does the job well of offering you very balanced and great riding experience. The riding experience can be compared to real life bicycling as the flywheel is heavier than the conventional 20 lbs and 30 lbs.
The bike does not rock and wobble no matter at what speed you pedal the bike. The bike frame is extremely sturdy and well welded at potential weak points. You can easily stand up and pedal intensely at higher resistance levels without any risk of falling down.
Seat and handlebar adjustments
The seat is pretty comfortable and cushioned lightly. Of course, seats that come with spin bikes are not comfortable as that of seats of recumbent bikes. If you find the seat to be uncomfortable, you may opt for a seat with more cushioning like this one.
The seat is adjustable both horizontally and vertically. The adjustable height enables the users of various heights to ride the bike without any hassles. The bike is built to be easily suitable for people who are from 4.10 ft to 6.2 ft. Very tall people may find the bike to be small for them, and may not benefit if they are willing for a full leg stretch workout with the bike.
The handlebar can also be adjusted vertically to improve the comfort while working out. The adjustment knobs for both seat and the handlebar are mounted to the main frame.
The bike also comes in with water bottle holder to keep you hydrated during the workout.
Here we have a video featuring Marcy XJ-3220 Indoor Cycle.
Drive and Resistance
This bike has chain drive. It does make some choice when compared to the super-silent belt drive. However, the noise is too low, that even a light music can silence it.
The resistance mechanism is mechanical. This means, whenever you tighten the tension knob, the rubber pads start rubbing the flywheel, giving resistance to your workout.
At higher resistance, you may hear a slight noise. However, this noise can be stopped by proper oiling and maintenance.
This bike offer fine incremental resistance, you can accurately change the tension. This is something not possible in case magnetic level resistance.
The pedal crankshafts are really very sturdy and can handle good amount of weight easily, even when standing up and working out. However, very tall people (above 6.2 ft) may find the pedal length to be short for them.
The pedals have toe cages and also the straps to keep your leg intact with the pedals while riding fast.
The pedals are of the standard size so that replacing the stock pedals with the pair you like will be easy ensuring the longevity of the bike.
The rubber pads that offer resistance to your workout need to be replaced every year or so depending upon the intensity of your workout.
To reduce the noise caused by the pads, you can consider lubricating them periodically and ensure the longevity of the parts and the smoothness of the ride.
Apart from this, the chain also need to lubricated to ensure smooth drive.
You need to clean your bike regularly to remove any sweat stains and avoid building up of dirt.
The steel base at the front of the bike also come with small transport wheels that will be helpful for you if you need to transport the bike when needed.
But, you do need to remember that you need to place the bike on the floor mat to avoid any damage done to the floor texture in your home or gym.
- This bike does not with an LCD display to display data that keeps you motivated during workouts.
- This means, there’ll be no calories tracked and also there’s no pulse rate sensor and tracking.
- Not suitable for people who are very tall. In that case, you may consider opting for other good spin bikes like SOLE SB700.
Overall, this a good bike with some little downsides. The bike is well worth the price, as it is sturdy and certainly built to last with superior construction.
- EXCELLENT CARDIO WORKOUT – The Marcy Club Revolution Cycle Trainer is a piece of indoor equipment that allows you to experience an intense cardio workout even in a stationary position.
- ERGONOMIC SEATING – The ergonomic design offers optimum comfort and ease of use. It has a road-bike style saddle with adjustable foam padded handle bars that adjusts vertically and a seat that can be adjusted both vertically and horizontally.
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION – The frame of this stationary bike is made of durable steel. It is resistant to rust and corrosion, as it is made of steel with sturdy welding points and a powder-coated finish.
- SAFE TO USE – This exercise bike features a quick-stop mechanism that allows you to halt the wheel’s motion easily. Its solid pulley supports up to 300 lbs. of weight in a complete stand-up posture.
- GYM AT HOME – Enjoy the convenience of working out without leaving the comfort of your own home with an indoor bike that provides the same intensity and resistance as a road bike.
Last update on 2021-03-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API