NordicTrack is one of the most prominent brands in treadmill manufacturing. However, that kind of name and popularity bestowed on this brand often hits for a price. Lucky for you, the NordicTrack is virtually aimed at the entry-level market with budget-friendly pricing.
Even with the fairly frugal price tag, this model is stacked with multiple features, which you might expect to find in its high-end peers. The 2.6 horsepower non-stop motor provides you with a ten mph running session.
You May Also Read: Best Treadmills Under 2000 (2020 Reviews)
You can easily incline this unit up to a taxing 10% intensity to burn more calories faster. The motor incorporates a self-cooling system that lasts for a great course so users will have a smooth experience throughout their workout sessions.
Table of Contents
NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill: Overall Design and Layout
Similar to other treadmills in NordicTrack’s T series line-up, the T 6.5 S counts on a proprietary Flex Select cushioning system, which you can easily adjust using the orange shock compression absorbers embedded along the adjacent of the deck.
That implies the machine is easy on your joint system, but you can always set it for a stable surface for a workout if that is what you need.
The model comes with a space-saving design that counts that couples with EasyLiftTM Assist so you can fold the treadmill and save much space without any problem. This makes it even more suitable for people living in sophisticated apartments and smaller homes.
Another aspect that sets this treadmill apart from other models is its console. The T 6.5 S features a backlight LED screen that allows you to interact with the machine, thereby tracking your workout stats and monitoring your hopefully improving workout performance with time.
With the console, you can always access a wide range of pre-programmed workouts, which are designed to get you into shape faster. You can also sync the machine with iFit Coach- a subscription fitness program that you can practice for a month free once you purchase through Amazon.
It is a cool and collected feature that replicates natural running around the world since it can integrate with Google Maps and other incredible workout features. It also comes with its MP3/iPod compatible sound system, so you can keep yourself entertained as well.
The unit assembling process is simple and straightforward. The whole kit and caboodle arrive with a step-by-step instruction manual along with the necessary tool to make work easier and for maintenance over time.
The T 6.5 S treadmill allows you to save space when not in use, plus it employs the EasyLiftTM Assist technology to make the storage process a lot easier. Additionally, hydraulic shocks eliminate the need for hefty lifting. It raises the deck and lowers it smoothly and flawlessly. That means the folding and unfolding will be a no struggle process.
Smooth Action 2.6 CHP Motor
The 2.6 CHP motor featured by this treadmill incorporates a self-cooling system that protects it from overheating. It can withstand vigorous workout without compromising power or reliability. More so, the motor is guaranteed to last for a quarter-century as supported 25-year warranty.
IFit Coach Technology
The treadmill is compatible with iFit- a technology that allows you to select various workouts according to your preferences, automatic workout-tracking over time. It’s also handy for displaying your workout progress, competing with your fellows, downloading different routes around the world, and many others. The iFit Coach features will keep you motivated and in touch with your treadmill, which is the key to a healthy lifestyle.
Another effective way to stay motivated throughout your workout sessions is to see your improvement in performance. The treadmill’s 5-inch display screen is backlight enabled, and allows you to check your speed, the time elapsed, distance covered, incline settings, heart rate, and calories burned.
Variety of programs
One more great way to side-step a boring exercise routine is to broaden your workout horizons. While most treadmill provides different programs, the number and extent of these programs may be limited.
This is particularly the case in entry-level models where you’ll find most of them incorporating six to ten distinct workouts. Nevertheless, the NordicTrack T 6.5 S present 20 different workouts, which is twice better than its direct competitors.
Other Mention Worthy Features
- Heart rate Monitoring: The NordicTrack T 6.5 S grip bars are coupled with Cardio Grip heart rate sensors to help track your heart rate while working out. Heart rate information is always crucial, and not for people with heart problems only since it is a great indicator of one’s overall health as well as real exertion level. The treadmill helps to monitor your overall fitness while displaying any improvements you’ve made over time.
- Flex Select TM Cushioning: The running deck of this treadmill is well cushioned to prevent injuries and cramps on your joints during workouts. The model is also rich in OneTouch controls that are pretty delicate to cope with your sweaty hands after a high-intensity workout. The NordicTrack console comes with large buttons so you can adjust the incline and speed with one touch.
- Sound System: While treadmills are generally great for sustainable workouts at home, running in a single spot is not such an exciting thing. That brings about the sanity behind accessing your favorite playlist as you work out. This treadmill hits with a sound system that enables you to connect and access various tracks in your smartphone and other music devices.
Buying a great value workout machine, like the NordicTrack T 6.5 S, could be the best investment you ever made on your overall health. This model is an entry-level, value-priced treadmill that doesn’t actually feel like one.
It presents 20 diverse workout programs, which is exceptional, considering the price tag. Usually, it would have cost you a lot more to secure that form of variety.
The iFit compatibility presents remarkable performance to keep you motivated. Apparently, the feature will call for an extra subscription after lapsing your one-month free trial. It is a great option for any dedicated trainee should have, yet it is rare to find such inclusions in other typical treadmills.
Other unexpected features in this treadmill include the Flex Select Cushioning. Most treadmills provide some bit of cushioning, but in most cases, such models are usually associated with high prices, contrary to NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill. The feature helps you to abstain from workout injuries while empowering to train hard whenever you like.
Being a solidly built piece of workout equipment calls for minimal maintenance in return. You just need to lubricate the treadmill belt regularly. It takes only five minutes and will serve for long, keeping your treadmill in smooth and efficient operation for the foreseeable future.
The NordicTrack T 6.5 is not a perfect match to those treadmills at the gym since it’s not meant for that. However, it’s a thrifty model that costs half the price featured by premium models. And considering the cost with what it offers, there’s no doubt this machine is worth the price.
With its wide range of different programs, Flex Select Cushioning, and iFit compatibility, this treadmill is more like a commercial-grade machine only for first-time consumers. Plus, it hails from a reputable treadmill brand, so you’ll be confident when making the purchase.
Of course, the model is not perfect. For example, it lacks a cooling fan to keep you calm and collected during workouts. Other treadmills under the price category include fans, although they are typically not of the highest quality. However, you can easily overcome the flow by setting up a separate cooling fan adjoining the treadmill.
Overall, the many benefits offered by this unit significantly outshine the negatives. It’s not a high-end machine, and it’s not designed to be. But if not for a professional runner, there are high chances you fill find this treadmill to suit your much-needed features for sustainable workouts.
- The folding design and EasyLiftTM Assist makes this model great for an indoor workout.
- 2.6 CHP motor assist in extensive workouts without overheating or introverting performance.
- Twenty pre-determined workout programs keep you motivated, so you won’t get bored or give up on your workout regime.
- iFit technology takes your workout session to a whole new level.
- It includes a dual Cardio Grip sensors embedded on handlebars for real-time heart rate monitoring.
- OneTouch controls enable you to adjust speed and incline easily using a touch button.
- Flex Select cushioning system grants the much-needed control over different levels impact absorption.
- MP3/iPod compatible sound system is comprised of 2″ dual speakers.
- Extra perks include a tablet shelf and two bottle holders.
- Competitive warranty- lifetime frame coverage, 25 years on motor, and one-year covering labor and parts.
- The model’s console doesn’t include a cooling fan, but you can ideally have one separately.
- The model does not support a wireless chest strap, so no heart rate monitoring via this option.
- No touch screen- though this is trivial, especially if you don’t mind all the techs.
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill presents a range of excellent features any fitness enthusiast would expect from model’s twice and above the price of this unit. And while it’s not easy to confuse it with a real commercial-grade model, this treadmill is more than just enough for most committed users. It is not the best treadmill model in the world, but it is excellent for a wide range of uses.