Ryan Reynolds was born on October 23, 1976, in Canada and is of Irish ancestry His father, James Chester “Jim” Reynolds, was a food wholesaler, and his mother, Tamara Lee “Tammy” Reynolds (née Stewart), a retail salesperson.
The American-Canadian actor, comedian, film producer, and screenwriter started his acting career as a teenager.
He is best known for his role in Deadpool. From his performance, he got many nominations including the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards and the Golden Globe Awards.
In 2017, he was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He is married to actress Blake Lively. They have three children together.
In 2010, Reynolds was named the Sexiest Man Alive. It is an annual award by People Magazine which is a benchmark male attractiveness.
At 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing about 190 lbs and oozing manliness, what is the secret?
Reynolds credits his good looks on working out. His regime is called the:
He starts by doing 10- 15 minutes of cardio like running on the treadmill. He does this 2 mornings a week before breakfast.
Gradually, he then increases the cardio to 30 minutes, 4 mornings a week. Once the body is warm, the muscles are flexible; it makes it easy to do other exercises.
After exercising, he does another, 15 minutes of cardio after weight training sessions.
That is pretty crazy on your energy levels, right? This is where your will power is pushed to its limits.
Here is a rundown of his weeks’ workout schedule:
- 3 sets of 12 reps Chin-ups
- 3 sets of 10 reps Underhand Lat Pulldown
- 4 sets of 6 reps Bent Over Barbell Row
- 3 sets of 10 reps Seated Cable Rows
- 5 sets of 10 reps Deadlifts
- 3 sets of 12 reps Bent Over Dumbbell Raises
- 4 sets of 10 reps Incline Dumbbell Press
- 4 sets of 12 reps Decline or Flat Barbell Press
- 3 sets of 15 reps Incline Dumbbell Flyes
- 3 sets of 15 reps Cable Crossovers
- 3 sets of 15 reps Concentration Curls
- 3 sets of 12 reps Barbell Curls
- 3 sets of 15 reps One Arm Preacher Curls
- 4 sets of 12 reps Leg Extensions
- 5 sets of 6 reps Barbell Squats
- 4 sets of 12 reps Double or single Leg Press
- 3 sets of 15 reps per leg Lunges
- 3 sets of 12 reps Leg Curls
- 3 sets of 12 reps Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
- 4 sets of 10 reps Dumbbell Press
- 4 sets of 12 reps Bent Over Dumbbell Raise
- 3 sets of 10 reps Side Raises
- 2 sets of 12 reps One Arm Cable Raises
- 3 sets of 10 reps Barbell Shrugs (once per 2 weeks)
- 3 sets of 12 reps Rope Pushdowns
- 4 sets of 8 reps Skull Crushers
- 3 sets of 12 reps Overhead Extensions
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest
Ryan Reynolds Diet
For his morning fuel up, Reynolds starts with protein-rich egg whites, avocado for healthy fat and high-fiber oatmeal.
For a mid-morning snack, he gets a protein bar.
Reynolds prefers a light lunch. He likes chicken or tuna wrap and a salad. For his mid-afternoon snack, he has protein shake and almonds and he is good to go.
For an evening snack Reynolds usually has another protein bar, more almonds and a piece of fruit such as an apple. Dinner is usually lean. He has fish, a salad or other vegetables, and brown rice.
Reynolds diet mainly consists of lean meat (tuna, salmon, chicken, turkey breast, etc.), egg whites, veggies, oatmeal, almond butter, nuts, protein bars, protein shakes, brown rice, and apples.
He steers clear of junk food, sugar, artificial ingredients, hydrogenated fats, refined foods, processed foods, and soft drinks
- 1) Staying the Course
Reynolds father, Jim, suffered from Parkinson’s disease. He had battled the disease for nearly 20 years.
He joined the Michael J. Fox Foundation in 2008 in honor of his father to raises money to help fund research in hopes of finding a cure.
The actor asked that people donate to the foundation. That same year he set to run the New York marathon. He almost dropped out because of a bad case of bronchitis. However, he ran the race and finished in a time of three hours 50 minutes.
Sadly, in October 2015, Reynolds lost his father.
- 2) Bring Family Together
Though his father had a hard time accepting his diagnosis, it brought his family together.
Ryan says, “It kind of galvanized everybody else, to sort of seek resources, and for us, in a strange way, it’s really kind of brought us together.”
The actor who is married to Blake Lively, named their first child James in memory of his father.
- 3) Bike Mania
Reynolds loves his bikes. He is the proud owner of multiple motorcycles. He admits it’s a dangerous passion but it is ‘better than Russian roulette.’
- 4) Aquaman
Reynolds loves to dip his toes in the water. He says he loves scuba diving, swimming, and fishing.
- 5) No-Fly Zone
Unfortunately, Reynolds is afraid of flying. He says he developed a fear of flying after a failed first attempt to open his parachute during a skydive.
- How can you maintain your lifestyle like Ryan Reynolds
Reynolds has had a colored career. He has starred in many roles and is a household favorite. To have a lifestyle like his follow the Green Lantern routine.
To boost your results keeps tabs on your nutrition. Furthermore, to gain muscles go on creatine, which Ryan does.
Also, have something after a workout. Ryan strongly opposes not eating post-workout. He says ‘Never do any of that carve-starve crap.’
Finally, to have a lifestyle like Reynolds take care of your ailing parent(s), keep your family close, and lastly have a hobby that you are passionate about.