In modern-day life, being too subjected to numerous workout things, or waiting for ages in lines only to pay expensive gym fees just to keep fit isn’t so sensible. On that note, having the Weider Ultimate Body Works or a Total Gym model is a must. So, we’ve made everything easier for you by creating an in-depth comparison of the Weider Ultimate Body works vs. Total Gym.
For this review, we had to pick a Total Gym machine that’s closest in all respects to the Ultimate Body Works by Weider. And so our decisions were to be made from a few options which consisted of the total gym XLS, 1900 or the 1400 model. Our squad selected the XLS version.
The Total Gym 1400 and 1900 models have a price tag that’s closer to Weider Ultimate Body Works. Even so, we found it more sensible to compare and contrast the bestsellers of each brand. You’ll definitely agree with our choice after reading the brand comparison below.
The total gym is an incredibly popular fitness brand among households due to their compact and lightweight workout equipment. This company has been manufacturing more than ten varied models over the last 15 years.
Plus swaggering celebrity endorsement from Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley, the brand has become a one-stop solution to most households.
Wider Ultimate, on the other hand, creates and trades a wider variety of workout machines. The company has managed to stick around for more than 50+ and is associated with quality products as well.
However, they only produce one whole body workout bench referred to as the Weider Ultimate Body Works.
Both brands trade their products through various vendors like Amazon.
Nevertheless, some Total Gym models can only be obtained from external vendors as their website seems to have discontinued selling them. That said, we had to pick the bestseller, XSL model- it’s their currently specified starting model, and is also available for purchase on their official site as well as Amazon.
Table of Contents
Weider Ultimate Body Works vs. Total Gym XLS Detailed Comparison
We had to spend at least seven days to research and compare the Weider Ultimate Body Works vs. Total Gym. As such, our comparison benchmarks focused on features, design, resistance levels, functionality, user height limit, user weight limit, customer reviews, product warranty, and as well as pros and cons. So let’s get closer to the Weider vs. Total Gym comparison review.
Weider Ultimate Body Works
The Weider Ultimate 5000 has an exclusive design, which is much apart from the total gym. All Total Gym models come with a vertical bar and incline levels for adjustments. In contrast, the Ultimate Body Works features a more telescopic layout with the incline controller appended below the glide-board.
Weider has foam-padded plastic straps embedded on the pulley and steel cable system that grant the user a free motion for a variety of workouts. Most Total Gym models will feature the same multi-functional handle attachments, but they present greater movements and sustainability in your workouts.
Total Gym XLS
The Weider Ultimate Body Works frame is made of heavy-duty steel tubing so that it can serve a considerable time. Weider Ultimate features a red and standard color scheme and features a folding mechanism- so you can fit it in a closet or under the bed without a struggle.
Weider Ultimate Body Works don’t allow users to supplement the equipment with additional attachments. As for the Total Gym XLS, you get many workout add-ons such as a squat stand, a leg pull accessory, and an AbCrunch attachment.
The Weider body works come with their resistance bands, which offers up to 50 lbs to the user’s body weight. It consists of a multi-grip handlebar for performing sit-ups/chin-ups. You’ll also get additional squat stands with the Weider body works.
Weider Ultimate Body Works incorporates a workout guide that will instantly get you with your whole body workouts.
The dimensional differences between the Weider Ultimate Body Works and Total Gym are slightly insignificant. With a unit weight of about 77 lbs, the Weider ultimate body works come at roughly 71 x 26.5 x 49.5 inches. Total Gym XLS, on the other hand, measures approx. 19 x 90 x 43 inches and measures. oTotal Gym models generally weigh about 75- 82 lbs.
So, the only significant difference here is that the Weider sits wider and higher in comparison to the XLS.
Weider Ultimate Body Works
Weider ultimate brings you more capabilities to perform a full-body workout, just like a Total Gym model. One downside is that the Weider ultimate only allows you to complete 50+ workouts. The standard variations of a Total Gym allow for more than 65+ workouts while their best-selling XLS model offers you the ability to complete as many as 80+ exercises.
Weider ultimate is not delivered fully assembled. In fact, it requires some time to put it together. In comparison, Total Gym models will hardly require any assembly except for attaching various inclusions to customize your workouts.
What’s better, the assembly process of the Weider ultimate is quite simple. You just need to attach the squat stand and the base stabilizers. This should not take longer than 15 minutes.
Weider ultimate body works provide seven incline levels that count up to 55% of the user’s body weight. The Total Gym XLS offers six incline options for just about the same body weight percentage, which is 54% working on level six. Other Total gym models with a price closer to the Weider ultimate, like the 1400 model, provides eight incline levels.
Total Gym XLS
Other Things to Consider
- User Weight Limit: Another major difference between the Weider vs. Total gym models is the user weight capacity. The Weider ultimate comes with a specified user weight of up to 250 lbs, whereas the xls can support up to 400 lbs. Total Gym 1400 supports up to 275 lbs.
- User Height Limit: Both models come with virtually the same height limit as they both measure about 7.5 feet. The Total Gym and Weider ultimate models can accommodate users with/below 6 ft. 5 inches without any issues.
- Product Warranty: Weider ultimate warranty is only 90 days, whereas the least known warranty for the Total Gym models is one year. Thus the total gyms exceed when it comes to warranty. Their best-selling XLS model features a lifetime warranty on the frame and six months on the attachments.
- Customer Reviews: Given the popularity of these two workout benches, we decided to consider the opinions and testimonies from other users. We usually ask people on Facebook and fitness forums how their experience is and then put those experiences on the post.
So, when reviewing the individual testimonials, we found varying views on both models. However, most users came clean that “Total Gym” is known for its excellent products. Yet, they agreed that the Weider Ultimate is close enough to a Total Gym.
Similarly, we share the same experiences after working on a Weider ultimate vs. Total Gym models. Thus considering the Weider price tag, one will get a product that is virtually identical at a lower cost.
There were some trivial complaints concerning the quality and screechy sound from the bench during workouts. These issues were not so prevalent; still, it can break a tie when choosing between the Weider Ultimate Body Works vs. Total Gym.
- Cost Differences: Another major difference between the Weider Ultimate vs. Total Gym is the price. Weider Ultimate models are generally cheaper compared to Total Gyms.
Weider Ultimate Body Works
You may want to choose the Weider Ultimate Works if:
- Your body weight is less than 250 lbs
- You want a moderately priced workout bench
- You are okay with the 90- day warranty
- The available attachments and extent of exercises are rather enough for you.
Weider Ultimate Body Works Pros and Cons
- It takes in extra resistance bands
- Best price for a workout bench online
- User weight limit of 250 lbs
- Seven incline levels
- Assembly is required
- Only a 90-day warranty is available
- The glide board is at times noise
Total Gym XLS
You may want to buy the Total Gym XLS model if:
- You want many workout DVDs to guide your workouts
- You weight more than 250 lbs ( but less than 400 lbs)
- You are willing to spend a little more for a premium quality Total Gym
- You want more versatility in your workout sessions
- You want a model that you can advance to support more workouts and Pilates
Total Gyms XLS Pros and Cons
- It incorporates more attachments
- Their machines require no assembly
- You can buy more accessories for it
- It allows for Pilates workout if you get the right kit
- The model includes many workout DVDs
- They are famous for better materials
- The XLS features only six incline levels
- Higher price than the Weider
We like both brands and their respective products. Total Gym XLS and 1400 models are great solutions that we certainly recommended. But their cost might be a huge off-ramp, particularly if you have a budget to keep.
Therefore, it might be worthwhile to buy a Weider home gym. The price, features, and functionality of Weider should be enough to get you assured that it’s a better buy. Furthermore, both products are closely similar in all major aspects.